Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Parenting Tip #1

First off- this is a record, this is the first time I've written 2 posts in one day! Don't get used to it!
I thought I'd share a new form of "motivation" we have discovered for our kids- take them to a movie that scares the piss out of them, then threaten to them back when they misbehave!
We took the kids to see the Spiderwick Chronicles on Monday. We knew AD would be scared, but we took her anyway. I thought the boys would love it-wrong! The first time the house brownie turned to a scary creature, JD jumped out of his seat and shouted "I HAVE TO GO POTTY!" I haven't seen JD this scared in a while. (I never did let him go to the bathroom!) ID was near tears in a few spots. AD just sat with her head buried in FD's side the entire movie. Luckily, we were the only family in the theater, so FD and I had no problem laughing at our kids terror.
Since that day I would say we have threatened them at least 5 times- "If you don't stop that now we will go see Spiderwich again!" It has immediate results! ID has asked if we are serious about taking them back, with fear in his voice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo hilarious! I am almost to tears at this point. Would have been fun to be there. Ummm.. I can't believe m$d are getting so much snow. It is supposed to bring spring. Sorry about the hot dog. Look into Scentsy--it would really help the smell.

Labels