Friday, April 3, 2009

New Blog Title

I thought I would explain my new blog title. My name although uncommon is well known because of the movie star Farrah Fawcett.
I actually have a bit of anxiety when I have to introduce myself to someone new
because I know it will be an explanation. I introduce myself and
always get one of two responses-
"Oh like Farrah Fawcett!", which I politely smile and say "Yep!"
or "Oh hi Sarah!" and I have to say
"It's actually Farrah with an "F" like Frank (maybe I should start saying -like fart!ha ha). It's just one of those lifelong annoyances I get to enjoy.
I usually don't mind it. I actually prefer the Farrah Fawcett response. I once had a dream that a friend of mine whose name is Sarah was repeatedly being called Farrah. She was sooo annoyed and was complaining to me about it. I think I just laughed at her.
I recently purchased a new stove.
The saleslady who I worked with did not disappoint me when I gave her my name, "Oh, like Farrah Fawcett".
It's amazing to me how people say it exactly the same. I even got into a longer conversation with her and said that I share the same birthday as the said celebrity, Feb 2.
She was all too excited to say that this is her b-day also- a fellow groundhog! I think I've actually met more people with my name than with the same b-day.
This last introduction episode has inspired me to honor my name as
the conversational piece that it seems to be.
I tend to "spout" a lot of nonsense on occasion,
sometimes complain too much,
but mostly just share my thoughts and experiences on my blog.
As a faucet is said to be a valve and handle that controls the flow of liquid,
my blog is where I get to control my flow of thoughts, nonsense, complaints,
and experiences. So I will consider each of my posts to be
"drips" not posts.
Hopefully I'm not or won't be as annoying as a real leaky faucet!
P.S. I would love to meet another woman named Farrah and before I introduce myself exclaime-"Oh, just Farrah Fawcett!", or even call her Sarah- just to see her reaction! I know I can't be the only Farrah with this complex!

1 comment:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i love the new name... although, i'm all for a higher "flow" of blog posts... like daily or even every other day! i love to read!
see you soon!

Labels