Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our final addition!

Meet Samuel Alexander! Sorry it took sooooo long to get the pics to you all. I'm a bit sleep deprived and have a bit of a head cold. These two drags do not mix well (You can ask Frank)! Otherwise we are doing well! For those who have not heard yet, SD joined us last Thursday, Oct 2 at 7:43 p.m. Weighing in at 7lbs even and 20 ins. My water apparently broke at 5:30 p.m. and the hard contractions started very soon afterwards. Frank was working to 6 that night so I called him at 5:59 to see where he was. We had actually planned to go out that night since my mom was in town. I told him I think we have a change of plans and that he should get home as fast as he can. By the time he pulled up at 6:05 the contractions were pretty intense. He changed and we ran out the door. My friend Kathe was a lifesaver and showed up to take the kids. Mom (major lifesaver!) finished making them dinner and then came to the hospital too. We got to the hospital in about 20 minutes, though it was one of the longest rides of my life. Then SD arrived about 1 hour and 13 minutes later. The nurses said they were excited to see a mom arrive that was really in hard labor. Yah I was a wimp and had the drugs anyway. I really enjoy the experience much more that way. He is healthy and besides being a little piggy is happy. So here are some pics. I tried to get them in a slide show but have yet to figure out how to set one up. I would add more but the piggy is squealing!



Proud bro and big sis



Check out the hair!



Am I really that funny looking?

8 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

congratulations!!! i love all the pics and can't wait to meet him, tomorrow ok?
just kidding! we'll see you soon enough though!
much love,
k

Katherine Ronachert said...

i just realized ad has a tiara on!!! awesome and fitting!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I can't believe how much he looks like his daddy! What a cutie! I mean SD not Daddy!
Luv Auntie Jen

Katherine Ronachert said...

FRANK?? FRANK?? Which one is Frank?? Is he in all the pictures?? Which picture has the baby and which ones have Frank in them??? I'm so confuzed!! El

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

Congrats! He is adorable! Enjoy every exhausting minute! If you need anything please call.
Brandi

Kellie said...

So cute! He definately looks like he belongs to the family! And I could appreciate the camo blanket in one of the pictures! Let me know if you need anything, I'd be happy to help.
Kellie Shirk

Kelly said...

SD is just as adorable as his 3 older siblings, yet he still manages to look like a mini-Frank. Interesting how that works. I am so happily to finally meet him. You know my number if you need anything.

Labels