Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Irony



I think it is quite ironic that the first post I publish since I renamed my blog to leaky faucet would be all about my leaky tub. I guess it was ment to be. We discovered a major leak in our tub/house a week ago while my sister was bathing her children. Remodeling the bathroom was actually the first project we wanted to tackle when we moved in 8 1/2 years ago-alas has never happened -till now. Since our wonderful brother-in-law Adam (master of remodeling) was in town we thought it was now or never. So this is our progress. I am excited to have it finished -somtime this decade.


This is the old leaky bathroom



Removing the old heavy tub. Demolishun was definately the funnest part! I wish I had more pics of this.



Foot through the floor


This was probalby the original wall paper. It was on wall that


had been covered by another piece of dry wall. Can you say- hideous! I had hoped to find a million dollars stuck in the wall but this is all we found!




Before grout





Almost there!



I think Sam approves

6 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

I know this has been a pain to go through, but it looks so nice and just think of that first bubble bath in a pretty new bathroom!

Karma said...

It looks beautiful!

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

It looks wonderful! Enjoy your new Beautiful bathroom.

Kellie said...

I think that getting to see that awful original wallpaper is almost worth a million bucks. The new bathroom looks great!

Katherine Ronachert said...

oh my goodness it looks amazing!!!!

thehallebunch2 said...

Oh I love it!! yay for your new bathroom!!

Labels